What’s the difference of Everest base camp in Nepal and Tibet?

Mount Everest is the highest peak of the Himalayas on the border between China and Nepal. Everest in Tibet is called "Qomolangma...



Mount Everest is the highest peak of the Himalayas on the border between China and Nepal. Everest in Tibet is called "Qomolangma ", is the third goddess. In Nepal, Mount Everest is called " Sagarmatha ", the forehead of the sky. If you are planning to attend the Everest base camp tour, this article will help you better know the difference between the Everest base camp in Tibet or Nepal.


Facts about Mt. Everest in Nepal and Tibet

The northern slope of Mount Everest is located in the Tingri County of Tibet, China, while its south slope is located in Nepal. The height of Mount Everest in Tibet actually reaches 8844.43 meters (29017.2 ft), but Nepal still insists on using 8848 meters (29029ft) as the official data. Mount Everest in Tibet side which accounted for 70% of the mountain located in the top of the mountain, the remaining 30% of the Mount Everest is located in northern Nepal. Besides, the proximity of these two National Nature Reserves in Nepal and China, so the Mt. Everest is widely known as “North Slope” while Mt. Everest in Nepal is taken as “South Slope”. As a result, there are two routes to Everest base camp: North Everest Base Camp (5200m) in Tibet and South Everest Base Camp (5364m) in Nepal.

 

The best time to Everest base camp in Tibet and Nepal

The best time to visit the Everest base camp in Tibet is from April to November. From mid-June to August, the rainy season was greatly influenced by the monsoon. If you like hiking, you’d better do a trekking to Everest base camp in Tibet from mid-September to May. For climbers, April to May and September to November is the golden month for mountaineering in Everest on Tibet’s side. Visit more detail in this article>>> When is the best time to trek to Everest base camp in Tibet

While in Nepal, From August to November is the best time for hiking and climbing to Mount Everest. Since climbing on the southern slope of Mount Everest is less challenging, it’s great for the large crowds in Everest Region.

Different way to Everest base camp in Nepal and Tibet


In Nepal, Trekking is the only way to get to EBC (5364 meters). You will start the journey from Kathmandu. From Kathmandu to Lukla airport, the trekking officially begins. In the Solu-Khumbu region of Nepal, many trekkers perhaps are surprised that the Mount Everest itself is not a bright spot. In the case of singular, spectacular mountain scenery, that's it. The pointy Matterhorn-esque peak of Ama Damblam (6812 meters) is often referred to as one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the world, as it is similar to the mountain painting by children. Mount Everest is by surrounding peaks that are almost as high, such as Lhotse.

 

Tibet has long been a tourist destination, almost fabulous, more difficult to reach this point. Tibet's independent travel is not allowed and requires a special permit. Many travelers flew from Kathmandu to Lhasa, not in other parts of eastern China, because access to this way is more direct. Different from Nepal, If you plan to Everest base camp tour in Tibet, you can travel by bus or drive all the way up to Everest Base Camp in Tibet. Should you wish, but many travelers choose to make the two-hour hike at the end of the paved road I tried, but the altitude was making anything more than a snail’s pace a bit difficult. You’ll stay overnight in Rongbuk, where is not really a town called the town as it is so small. But it has a tidy guesthouse with electric blankets on the beds. Here, you will also view the most spectacular glance of the mountain.


The summit of Mount Everest from the base camp of Tibet is better than seeing from the base camp of Nepal, where you can't see the top of the mountain, or even from Kala Patar where it just peaks over the Nuptse-Lotse ridge and the perspective doesn't even look like the highest peak. However, the Nepalese side is more easily explored by trekking, and there are many incredible views, not including Mount Everest.


As I first saw from Mount Everest in Nepal, I never particularly liked it, but it was the whole experience and the surrounding landscape. It makes this tour unforgettable. After go to Everest base camp tour in Tibet, I had better understand the temptation of the singular mountains and saw the highest summit of Mt Everest. However, it is still the excitement of the journey. Whether trekking or driving, it makes a pilgrimage to Everest from Nepal or Tibet so worthwhile.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images